[vtkusers] Using VTK with measurement Studio - Labview.

T.R.Shashwath trshash84 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:07:03 EST 2008

On Thursday 21 Feb 2008 11:36:41 pm Joby John wrote:
> Hello VTK users,
> I have a working VTK under Visual studio 2005. It does some animation
> based on input from the mouse.
> Now I want to use the data input from the DAQ card and feed it to my VTK
> code to do the same animation.
>
> There is Visual studio plugin from Labview called Measurement Studio
> that helps you communicate with the card. However all the measurement
> studio applications are MFC projects. Can I make my VTK code (regular
> C++ code - a win32 project) to be a part of the MFC project?
> Also Has anyone successfully gotten data from Labview to run animation
> in VTK?
>
> Thanks and Regards.
> Joby John.

Hi,
While I haven't specifically worked with Measurement Studio, you can use the
vtk MFC wrappers to introduce a vtk window inside an MFC application. In
fact, if all you want to do is put the window in (without the extra features
vtkMFC provides), you can just do
renderWindow->SetParentId(Handle_To_Parent_CWnd) and then make sure you
resize the window as you want it.

However, the data that Measurement Studio provides needs to be put into
something vtk can understand (ie, one of the subclasses of vtkDataSet,
depending on the type of data, etc). I'd suggest that you first concentrate
on that first.

Regards,
Shash