[vtkusers] graphic interface with vtk

Shashwath T.R. trshash at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 02:36:48 EST 2008

Hi Stephane,
VTK is not meant to provide you with those kinds of GUI elements (unless you
take the trouble to write them all yourself). Normally, people use some
other toolkit (like Qt, Tk or MFC, for example) to add these elements. Of
course, then they can't be within a render window.

If you still want to do this, take a look at the new Widgets hierarchy
(derived classes of vtkAbstractWidget, and the representations in
vtkWidgetRepresentation). I don't know how much they will help, though.

Cheers,
Shash