[vtkusers] Problem freeing memory

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 09:47:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm currently trying to free the memory taken up by my DICOM loading function (vtkDICOMImageReader). The problem is that I call Delete on everything that I've instantiated, but the ~700MB still remains in the RAM.

The vtkVolume that I read the object into is global, so I've got a button that removes it from the renderer and then deletes it, like so...

   this->pvtkRenderer->RemoveActor(this->volume);
  this->pvtkRenderer->RemoveAllViewProps();                //for good measure :)
  this->volume->Delete();

What else would I have to do? I've called Delete on everything in the load function, and I've deleted the volume object itself..... so.... I don't know.

I realise that the Delete funtion only decreases the counter for that object, but all i'm doing is loading in a DICOM object and deleting it.... so nothing else should be using it.

Maybe there is a Cleanup function or something??

Thanks,
Cameron.