[vtkusers] RE : Crest lines extraction

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Apr 21 09:33:39 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 12:16 +0200, C. Hiba wrote:
> Thank you Kevin for your help, but really i don't find a big thing in
> the signature.asc file. Can you tell me what to do exactly (i'm sorry
> if my questions are very simple but i'm beginner as i said before)

I mistook your question as coming from the Insight Users List where this
topic comes up often.

I'm not much closer to understanding how to extract crest lines than
you, but some terms I've encountered along the way are :

centerline
medial axis transform
ridge
hessian
vesselness

You may want to search for some of these terms on the web, and in the
archives of the ITK users list.

Insight Applications has an example at:
http://itk.org/HTML/Curve3DExtraction.htm

Please keep your replies "on the list" that is use Reply-All or CC the
list when you reply.

"signature.asc" is a PGP digital signature that can be used to verify
the contents of my e-mails. It does not contain any information that you
need now.