[vtkusers] Displaying NURBS surfaces in VTK

David, John john.david at uconn.edu
Fri Apr 4 07:52:25 EDT 2008

The only options I can think of off the top of my head is to use OpenNURBS for definition, subdivision, manipulation, etc., and/or developing a derived class from vtkParametricSpline or vtkSpline.

At this point I would love to see someone post a definitive answer to why there is no NURBs support now now that there appears to be Windows for GLU 1.3+.  It may be as simple is that there is no funding for the work (which means that we need to help them get funding).  It may be that it already exists in their *commercial* products (which means we need to know the fact and how much the cost is so we can pony up the bucks).  It may be as simple as they do not have the programmers (which means maybe I should hit them up for a Google Summer of Code mentorship together with my old professor Gerald Farin. Now that would be fun summer...  ;-)

Can someone truly in the know post what is up with NURBs as of 4/2008?

  EBo --