[vtkusers] Displaying NURBS surfaces in VTK

Marius Erdt marius.erdt at gmx.de
Fri Apr 4 03:32:50 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reply,

in my case using external tools for displaying NURBS is not an option,
because my visualization framework is based on VTK. In addition I have
to modify the NURBS surface during runtime (move control points), so I
can't switch to an external modeler for that.

I was wondering whether it is possible to calculate the NURBS surface
from the control points and store that information somehow in a VTK data
structure to display it at runtime. My question would also be how fast
that procedure can be performed.

Regards,
Marius