[vtkusers] Building VTK on XP 64-bit - unresolved external symbol __imp_Tcl...

Avishay Sidlesky avishay.s at xurity.com
Sun Nov 4 07:07:35 EST 2007

Hi,

I followed a lead by David Cole, suggesting to build VTK from the latest
sources in CVS,

since it includes several important fixes related to building VTK on
Windows 64-bit.

Once the sources have been downloaded, I have configured CMake to build
VTK on Visual Studio 2005, 64-bit VTK with WRAP_TCL.

For some reason, vtkCommomTCL doesn't build properly, issuing many
linking errors:

15>   Creating library D:\dev\VTK\bin\Debug\vtkCommonTCL.lib and object
D:\dev\VTK\bin\Debug\vtkCommonTCL.exp

15>vtkWin32ProcessOutputWindowTcl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol __imp_Tcl_DeleteCommand

15>vtkTclUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_Tcl_DeleteCommand

I must have missed something in the process, and probably configured
CMake erroneously.

Does anyone have a clue?

TIA,

Avishay