[vtkusers] AMR and HierarchicalDataSet

Peter Delmont Peter.Delmont at wis.kuleuven.be
Thu May 24 07:22:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

I`m having a problem with the vtkHierarchicalDataSet.  I got it
working with structured data, but I`m not completely pleased because
of a few shortcomings.  The most annoying problem is, that I seem to
have to put euch grid in its own separate file.  I hope it`s somehow
possible to get rid of this millions of files, it slows down
everything. If not, I`d like to replace it by the unstructured
equivalent.  The problem is that I dont know which attributes are
associated with a DataSet.
My questions are the following: Do there exist possibilities to get
rid of the millions of files?   What  does a .vtm file for
unstructured grids looks like?  Does it exist?  Does somebody has an
example of such a file?  It would be really helpful, because I really
have no idea how to find it out.  (I don`t know what the equivalent of
the 'amr_box' is.)

I appreciate all kind of comments, hints or help.

Best Regards,
Thanks in advance,
Peter