[vtkusers] What is the data ordering in ImageData?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Fri May 18 19:32:57 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I am trying to find out in which order 3D point data is expected in .vti files
(ImageData) in order to convert existing legacy data into VTK format. The point
data that I need to convert is ordered z fast, y medium and x slow. This is
not the case for ImageData as first tests have shown.
I do assume that the data indices increase, the question is in which order.

I hope my description was clear. Below I provide a more explicit example.

Any suggestions, help or pointers to appropriate documentation are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden

For example my legacy data might be in the order:
(x=0,y=0,z=0) 0
(x=0,y=0,z=1) 1
(x=0,y=1,z=0) 2
(x=0,y=1,z=1) 3
(x=1,y=0,z=0) 4
(x=1,y=0,z=1) 5
(x=1,y=1,z=0) 6
(x=1,y=1,z=1) 7

In which order do I need to put it into the <PointData..><DataArray..>
container?

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr