[vtkusers] can probe filter achieve that or not?

tony hakki tony2007vtk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 16:20:01 EDT 2007

hi all;

Assuming that Pi(xi,yi,zi) is a position on the surface of a dataset and Ni(xi,yi,zi) is the normal calculated from the point Pi using the that
dataset, I will calculate 50 samples in the positive direction and 50 samples in the negative direction for each point on the that datasets.I will calculate samples in the positive direction using:
+ direction :P1=Pi+Ni, P2=P1+Ni,P3=P2+Ni...
and in the negative direction using:
- direction: P1=Pi-Ni, P2=P1-Ni, P3=P2-Ni... so on
Assuming that I got the whole sample points.
The grey value for all of these points (P1, P2, P3 ...) will be retrieved
from the raw dataset after doing trilinear interpolation. could ProbeFilter able to achieve this?

Thanks alot
Tony

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time