[vtkusers] Anti-aliasing text.

Philip Schuchardt ohc at vt.edu
Wed Mar 14 16:19:02 EDT 2007

I'm trying to render over 1000 text actors at once and there is a huge
preformace hit. By default vtk uses anti-aliasing text for vtkTextActor and
vtkTextMapper.  I think the anti-aliasing is causing the large preformace hit
with that many actors.   I have a simalar openGL application that has good
performance without aliased fonts.  It appears that turning off the anti
aliasing in the vtkTextProperty was removed in version 5.0.  Is there anyway
any other way to turn off anti-aliasing for text ie. making the text aliased?

If there is no way to do this... I will probably end up calling openGL
directly.

System:
Gentoo Linux
AMD64 X2 4400