[vtkusers] Latest CVS vtkMFCWindow causes crash in Debug and Release Mode

Lim, Theodore T.Lim at hw.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 06:00:23 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I've just update to the latest vtk source files from CVS (date: 11/03/2007) and have a problem trying to get the vtkMFC examples to work.

The problem seems to lie in vtkmfcindow.cpp, Line 129, in the function

void vtkMFCWindow::SetRenderWindow(vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow* win)

{

   // update size

   CRect cRect = CRect(0,0,1,1);

    if(this->GetParent())  // ERROR OCCURS HERE!!

   this->GetParent()->GetClientRect(&cRect);

}

I've attached a screen dump showing the error at http://profile.imageshack.us/user/theouk/images/detail/#111/debugzf2.jpg.

Initially, i thought that my installation was corrupt so i cleaned it out and did a full rebuild. But the problem remained. I've also set up another pc to compile a fresh copy of the CVS, however, the same problem occured both in DEBUG and RELEASE mode.

I had no problems prior to updating with the current CVS edition.

Has anyone had trouble trying to run the latest CVS MFC examples (vtkSDI, vtkMDI, vtkDLG) experienced this similar problem?

Would appreciated if anyone who's solved the problem enlighten me on how to resolve it. Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Theo.