[vtkusers] Interacting with VTK under Mac OS X

Miguel Angel Rodriguez Florido marf at ctm.ulpgc.es
Mon Mar 12 07:09:35 EDT 2007

	Dear users,

	Perhaps, this is an obvious question for Mac's users/developers, but
not for me (a linux user/developer and a newer Mac).

	I've compiled VTK 5 under my new laptop (a Macbook). I've followed the
simple installation guide given at http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Cocoa_VTK,
and wrapped it under Tcl/Tk.

	However, how I'm not used to work under Mac (I'm a linux user, and I
use a 3-button mouse to browse on vtk applications), and although I have
spent some time trying to figure out how to use vtk under Mac, finally
I've arrived to this link:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-January/071168.html

I have the same problem than here: "Ref. to Cone5.tcl: I got a new
window with the cone.  But this new window could not be interacted with,
or  brought to the foreground.".

So, could anybody give me an answer?. How can I interact the "cone
example" with?.

Thank you very much and best regards.

PD: I've installed the X's for Mac and I've plugged a 3-button USB mouse.

--
Miguel Angel Rodriguez Florido
Center for Technology in Medicine-ULPGC-Gran Canaria-CanaryIslands,Spain