[vtkusers] Threads, MultiCore and VTK

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:58:18 EST 2007

I was just wondering a few things about the subject matter. They are
kinda related but I'll just list my questions and kinda people can
comment:

1} With the advent of multi-core CPUs, can VTK take advantage of
these additional cores? Like I could if I was using MPI on a cluster?

2} If I were to start writing multi-threaded filters, what/whose
threads package should I use? Boost? Posix?

3} Has anyone written any multi-threaded filters that I could take a
look at?

4} What are the Gotchas of using threads with VTK?

Thanks for any insight.
--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com