[vtkusers] Surface constrained stream tracing in vtkStreamTracer

Bill McGrory mcgrory at aerosft.com
Thu Mar 1 14:13:44 EST 2007

I notice that the documentation for vtkStreamTracer says that stream
lines generated from a 2-d source will be constrained to lie in that
surface. I also found reference to work on this in
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-July/075460.html

But, I looked in the repository, and can see no record of Jeff's
committing such a change, and after a cursory glance at
vtkStreamTracer.cxx, I see no evidence of any surface projection of the
generated streamlines.

Can anyone shed light on the state of this feature?

Berk?

Thanks
Bill