[vtkusers] Surface/3D-object construction with xyz point data ?

Nithiananthan, Sajendra Sajendra.Nithiananthan at rmp.uhn.on.ca
Fri Jun 29 10:09:50 EDT 2007

Jarno,

Depending on your dataset and what you want to do, you could try the
SurfaceReconstructionFilter (
http://vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter.html )
It's worked well for me for some datasets.  I think it doesn't respect the
positioning of the points and will create the reconstructed surface at the
origin.

-SN