[vtkusers] Problem with specular lighting

Mark Kobine mark at bugless.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 09:22:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a very simple scene (a couple of cylinders and a cone) and I'm
trying to toggle between specular and diffuse lighting. I'm calling
vtkLight::SetSpecularColor() and vtkLight::SetDiffuseColor()
and passing in 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 as I want white light.

I'm seeing no visible difference between the two lighting schemes.

When I toggle between lighting schemes I create the vtkLight objects
from scratch and add them to the renderer after having removed all
the existing ones.

I'm new to vtk so I am be doing something daft and any help would
be gratefully received. Or if anyone can point me in the direction
of an example?

Many thanks,
Mark