[vtkusers] Problem with vtkRenderer::SetAmbient()

Mark Kobine mark at bugless.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 06:18:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a very simple scene (a couple of cylinders and a cone) and I'm
trying to vary the level of ambient lighting. I'm calling
vtkRenderer::SetAmbient() and passing in 3 doubles which vary in
value between 0 and 1. I'm seeing no visible effect on the ambient
lighting.

Can anyone tell me what values this methods expects? I'm assuming
they are RGB values and range between 0 and 1 but this may be a
rash assumption. I may also be using completely the wrong method :-)

I'm new to vtk so I am be doing something daft and any help would
be gratefully received. Or if anyone can point me in the direction
of an example?

Many thanks,
Mark