[vtkusers] [MacOS 10.4.9, vtk 5.0] What libraries should I be linking against for...

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 26 13:18:39 EDT 2007

Sean McBride wrote:
> On 6/24/07 8:23 PM, David Goldsmith said:
>

>> Hi!  g++ is unable to find definitions for the following symbols:
>>
>> vtkPolyData::SetPolys(vtkCellArray*)
>> vtkCellArray::New()
>> vtkDataArray::InsertTuple1(int, double)
>> vtkFloatArray::New()
>> vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)
>> vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertNextValue(int)
>> vtkDataSetAttributes::SetScalars(vtkDataArray*)
>> vtkPoints::New()
>>
>> Which libraries is it not finding and where should they be if my install
>> is correct?
>>

> David,
>
> Your question is not clear, at least to me.
>
> Are you saying that you are trying to build VTK 5.0 and that you are
> getting link errors for the above methods?  Or are the link errors
> trying to build your own app which needs to link to VTK libs?
The latter.
> In any
> case, I would switch to VTK 5.0.3 or CVS before trying anything else.

Sorry I was not clear, I am using 5.0.3.

In any event, for the time being, problem solved - someone locally was
able to tell me: Filterings & Common and I figured out Sys on my own and
that sufficed for now, but is there a more systematic way to figure it
out (or is not supposed to have to be "figured out" because everything
one might need to link against is supposed to be in one place, so the
worst case scenario is supposed to be that one might have to include a
search directory not in the default search path)?

DG
--
ERD/ORR/NOS/NOAA <http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/emergencyresponse/>