[vtkusers] [MacOS 10.4.9, vtk 5.0] What libraries should I be linking against for...

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jun 26 12:14:16 EDT 2007

On 6/24/07 8:23 PM, David Goldsmith said:

>Hi!  g++ is unable to find definitions for the following symbols:
>
>vtkPolyData::SetPolys(vtkCellArray*)
>vtkCellArray::New()
>vtkDataArray::InsertTuple1(int, double)
>vtkFloatArray::New()
>vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)
>vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertNextValue(int)
>vtkDataSetAttributes::SetScalars(vtkDataArray*)
>vtkPoints::New()
>
>Which libraries is it not finding and where should they be if my install
>is correct?

David,

Your question is not clear, at least to me.

Are you saying that you are trying to build VTK 5.0 and that you are
getting link errors for the above methods?  Or are the link errors
trying to build your own app which needs to link to VTK libs?  In any
case, I would switch to VTK 5.0.3 or CVS before trying anything else.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com