[vtkusers] Is it possible to separate the grid information and the data for the XML data files?

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 22:55:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to use the pvtu and the vtu file formats
for my unstructured flow simulation results. Since the
grid is fixed and the simulation is unsteady, I am
wondering if it is possible to separate the grid
information and the data into different files. This
way, I can only store the grid information once and
save the data such as velocity, pressure many times at
different times so that there is no waste in space to
save the same grid information many times.

Please help.
Thanks a lot.
Shi