[vtkusers] displaying a 3-channel dataset as an image

wind wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 28 10:59:57 EST 2007

Hello,

I have a file that has three sets of scalars in it that I would like
to display as an image with each set mapped to red, green and blue
color respectively. The data file contains different channels from a
satellite.

I've read the data into memory and now have three arrays of 8-bit
numbers. I can combine the data into a single array if I have to. Is
there a way to tell VTK to display that array as an RGB image?

Thanks,

-- Gala

Gala Wind
(301) 614-6221
wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 613.2, Climate and Radiation
SSAI, Inc.
NASA/GSFC
Greenbelt, MD 20771

   -- There's always a way, you just have to find it.
             ( B. Hambly "Children of the Jedi" )