[vtkusers] vtkImageChangeInformation changes ScalarType?

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Wed Feb 28 10:07:56 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

thanks for reply,

yes I’m 100% sure that it’s connected to the pipeline. I didn’t notice it before only now that I’ve tried connecting vtkImagePlaneWidget to the VolumeReader.

When using v16 directly as Input to vtkImagePlaneWidget everything works as expected but the sliceplane is at the wrong place (because origin is not centered).
Using vtkChangeImageInformation->CenterImageOn() puts the volume (and therefore the sliceplane) centered to Origin (the place I need it to be) BUT then the reslice-output on the plane
is wrong (like if Window/Level is not set correctly, but changing those doesn’t help).
It’s obviously a problem of sclartype conversion. The strange thing is that when using v16->changeImageInformation->vtkImageReslice does give me the correct output.

I’m using cvs at the moment, but will try with 5.02 again.

Regards

Michael