[vtkusers] Fill contours with Pixels

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Feb 13 15:46:13 EST 2007

I have a 3D triangle mesh that I am trying to close the "Holes" on.
This mesh is pretty complex and although I have searched the archives
I have not found anything that has worked out. The main problem being
that a "contour" line can traverse 2 or more planes.
    So what I was thinking was to extract the contour loops just at
the boundary surface. This gives nice loops. Now if I could somehow
"fill" those loops with solid pixels, convert the whole thing to a
voxel volume, I believe I have a way to "extract surface" of the new
voxel volume, triangulate it, than append and merge to the original
mesh. I have used this type of technique before with good success. I
just need to fill the interiors of loops with a solid color.
   Are there any filters that might do this? Anything in ITK? I'll
ask on that list next.

Thanks
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer