[vtkusers] Java-based 3D visualization of anatomy

Assaf & Galya muchilerim at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:38:11 EST 2007

Hi VTK Users,

I am trying to create a simple Java-based patient education application.

One of the features of this application should be the selection of
anatomy/pathology labels and the 3D visualization of the selected anatomy.

The visualization should be based on segmented DICOM images (segmented using
ITK SNAP).

Unfortunately, my programming skills are basic to none.. I had hoped to find
similar java examples online, but the java examples I found did not help me.

I would appreciate any help on where to begin.

I could really use a 'hint' on how I should be saving the segmented ITK-SNAP
images, and then how I should be reading them to VTK.

Thank You!

Lisa