[vtkusers] vtkTextActors very fuzzy with CVS version

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 5 13:44:06 EST 2007

Hi Mark,

I have the same problem  (Borland
builds running on Win2k, WinXP running NVIDIA
cards).  I think this started happening with the switch to
using vtkImageMapper instead of vtkTextMapper within
vkTextActor (.h revision 1.8, .cxx rev 1.23).
A workaround is to use a vtkActor2D/vtkTextMapper pair,
but this cannot be done for certain vtk classes
that maintain a vkTextActor ivar (e.g., vtkAxesActor).
I don't know the nuts & bolts of vtk text actors/mappers,
so can't offer any insight on how to fix this.

Dean