[vtkusers] Re: vtkTextActors very fuzzy with CVS version

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Feb 5 16:12:09 EST 2007

Dean Inglis wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have the same problem  (Borland
> builds running on Win2k, WinXP running NVIDIA
> cards).  I think this started happening with the switch to
> using vtkImageMapper instead of vtkTextMapper within
> vkTextActor (.h revision 1.8, .cxx rev 1.23).
> A workaround is to use a vtkActor2D/vtkTextMapper pair,
> but this cannot be done for certain vtk classes
> that maintain a vkTextActor ivar (e.g., vtkAxesActor).
> I don't know the nuts & bolts of vtk text actors/mappers,
> so can't offer any insight on how to fix this.
>
> Dean

Hi Dean and Mark,

I notice this with vtkAxesActor too.

I looked back over the CVS logs for vtkTextActor since 5.0 and it looks
like its that change alright (r1.30). vtkImageMapper isn't used though-
the font is rendered into a vtkImageData buffer which is used to texture
a rectangle... this allows text to be rotated.

The font size isn't always working either...

Goodwin