[vtkusers] Rendering speed when using text labels

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 28 15:59:55 EDT 2007

Charl P. Botha wrote:
> You should also try switching on ImmediateMode rendering for the
> labels.  By default displat lists are used (afaicr) and at least on my
> hardware, rendering new geometry takes painfully long.  This might
> solve your problem with slow switching off/on of the labels.

That is not our case - we are using vtkLabeledDataMapper (actually 2D
mapping
class) for labeling. ImmediateMode is a method of vtkMapper ("3D branch" of
the abstract mapper). There is no such method for vtkLabeledDataMapper.
--
ERD/ORR/NOS/NOAA <http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/emergencyresponse/>