[vtkusers] VTK Problem Upon Python 2.5 Upgrade

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 02:52:48 EDT 2007

Shari Rolnick a écrit :
> Okay, I've made progress!  I seem to be able to access VTK from Python now.
> I'm still having trouble with my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, though.  I have the
> following lines in my .bash_profile:
>
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/src/vtk/VTK/bin:/usr/local/src/vtk/VTK/Wrapping/Python
> :/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-ansi

I would suggest to you to get rid of theses paths in your PYTHONPATH.
You really don't need them.
I only have my personal python dirs in it.
No less, no more.

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This sounds good.

> My PYTHONPATH shows up with no trouble, but when I type echo
> $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my bash terminal, the variable is empty.  I can't figure
> out why.  If I set the variable in the terminal, and then export it and echo
> it, it's fine, and everything works.  I'm sure it's something dumb, but what
> am I doing wrong?

This is not related to VTK (or python), I guess.
Please refer to the appropriate ng or ml.

Cheers,

--
http://scipy.org/FredericPetit