[vtkusers] VTK Problem Upon Python 2.5 Upgrade

Shari Rolnick shari at loralee.net
Mon Aug 20 20:32:57 EDT 2007

Okay, I've made progress!  I seem to be able to access VTK from Python now.
I'm still having trouble with my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, though.  I have the
following lines in my .bash_profile:

PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/src/vtk/VTK/bin:/usr/local/src/vtk/VTK/Wrapping/Python
:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-ansi
export PYTHONPATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

My PYTHONPATH shows up with no trouble, but when I type echo
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my bash terminal, the variable is empty.  I can't figure
out why.  If I set the variable in the terminal, and then export it and echo
it, it's fine, and everything works.  I'm sure it's something dumb, but what
am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Shari