[vtkusers] getting started with VTK

mauro maiorca mauromaiorca at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:24:52 EDT 2007

hi list,
I've installed my VTK and (at a first glance) I'm really happy with it.
I wanna use VTK mainly with C++, and I started looking to the
examples. In the files the includes look like:

#include "vtkRenderer.h"

but it doesn't compile, so I added the complete path:

#include "/usr/include/vtk-5.0/vtkRenderer.h"

and it works quite well!

To solve that problem I compiled again (twice, actually) the VTK
setting carefully all the parameters, but I didn't succeed! There is a
way to solve this problem? (I'm using linux, Ubuntu).

Another thing (probably I should ask in a different mail) is the file
format of the data used by the examples Medical1.cxx, Medical2.cxx,
and Medical3.cxx, in the ./headsq/quarter.[1:98]. I don't have any
clue!

any help could be strongly appreciated!
cheers,
Mauro