[vtkusers] getting started with VTK

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Sun Aug 19 20:49:10 EDT 2007

mauro maiorca wrote:
> I added the complete path:
> #include "/usr/include/vtk-5.0/vtkRenderer.h"
> and it works quite well!
> To solve that problem I compiled again (twice, actually) the VTK
> setting carefully all the parameters, but I didn't succeed! There is a
> way to solve this problem? (I'm using linux, Ubuntu).

It seems your installation of VTK is fine. In general you must tell the
compiler where to find the header files used in any C++ program except
when they are part of the standard Linux installation and in /usr/include.

Add -I<location> to the line where you compile your program. For
example, "-I usr/include/vtk-5.0" without the quotes.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center