[vtkusers] Question regarding VTK 5.0

Markus Henningsson marhe346 at student.liu.se
Mon Aug 6 07:14:51 EDT 2007

Hi,
I tried compiling VTK with the instructions in that link, and everything went well until I actually tried compiling a piece of code and got the error that it couldn't find the vtk header files I had included. However i'm not sure if I've followed the instructions exactly like I should because it's a bit confusing. When I build VTK I create a folder (C:\MyProjects), but then when I install VTK should that be done in a separate folder (e.g. C:\VTK)? It says to "Configure VTK (select the correct binary directory in "Where to build the binaries")" but I'm not sure what the "correct binary directory" refers to. Any advice?
Thanks,
Markus