[vtkusers] Question regarding VTK 5.0

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Aug 6 08:16:03 EDT 2007

Hi Markus,

Where it says "Configure VTK (select the correct binary directory in
"Where to build the binaries")", that's referring to the CMake step
before you actually build VTK. It is referring to having separate VTK
source and binary directories: one directory containing the VTK source
code you downloaded, got from CVS, etc, and another directory for the
results of compiling VTK (i.e., "Where to build the binaries"). Once you
have built VTK, you may install it in a separate directory if you wish;
this is specified by the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX CMake variable.

- Amy