[vtkusers] Change of Source Data

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Wed Aug 1 13:25:19 EDT 2007

Hello,

I want to crop a volumedataset with vtkImageStencil which works as it
should, but it does it only to its output. (I know filters work like this).

Unfortunately if I want to do a second cropping it will reset all changes
(because it still uses the unmodified source) which is a normal behavior.
So to use the last changes I need to copy the output of vtkImageStencil to
vtkImageData (using either shallow or deepcopy) and set it as source again,
which will works with small volumes but crashes when using big Datasets
(probably 32 bit limit).

So it seems to be absolutely necessary to change the input and output at
once, in order to realize useful cropping.
(I tried changing vtkImageStencil, and at least it doesn't crash when
changing the input Ptr, but It doesn't give me the correct output).

So, maybe there is a better way or somebody can point out how to modify that
filter.

Regards

Michael