[vtkusers] Cone.java example hangs on Mac OS 10.3.9

Jennifer West jennifer.lorraine.west at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:53:52 EDT 2007

I've just recently managed to install VTK with Java bindings on my 1GHz G4
Powerbook running Mac OS10.3.9. I am now trying to get the Cone.java example
to run.

I can compile it and run the Cone.class file without any errors, the trouble
is that it hangs. I added some print statements to the code and found that
the System.loadLibrary statements run, but the program hangs at the line:

vtkConeSource cone = new vtkConeSource();

I searched the list archives and did not find anyone mention a problem like
this. I have no idea what to try next.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Jennifer