[vtkusers] question about scaling and spacing

Tony Willis Tony.Willis at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Sep 28 11:07:15 EDT 2006

I have 2D images which I'm successfully showing as
warped images with vtkWarpScalar. I can put an outline
box around the display with vtkOutlineSource and
vtkCubeAxesActor2D.

My image sizes are 50 x 50 pixels in X and Y. The display
looks nice as long as I have set the data Spacing to 1.0
in the X and Y dimensions. But the actual data spacing
in X is 6.0 compared to 1.0 in the Y direction. If I give
the system these parameters with the SetDataSpacing
method then the displayed image is elongated in the X
direction by a factor 6. The coordinates displayed with
vtkCubeAxesActor2D are then correct, but I would prefer
that the appearance of the image is still 'square'. What
must I do to get that to happen?

Thanks

Tony
Tony Willis
National Research Council   Tony.Willis at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Box 248                     (250)493-2277
Penticton, BC  V2A 6J9      fax: 493-7767
Government of Canada        Gouvernement du Canada