[vtkusers] vtk requirements in linux

Hendrik Belitz h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
Fri May 5 03:52:14 EDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2006 23:13 schrieb Markus R:
> Is it possible to use vtk on my laptop,

Why should'nt it?

> and what essential libraries do I need to install to make everything work?

At least a C++ compiler and OpenGL or Mesa. Most other stuff comes directly
with VTK. Maybe you could tell us which Linux Distribution you are using, so
someone of us could give more specific advice.

Regards
 Hendrik

Dipl.-Inform. Hendrik Belitz
Central Institute of Electronics / Zentralinstitut für Elektronik
 Multimodal image processing workgroup / AG Multimodale Bildverarbeitung
Research Center Juelich / Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
D-52428 Jülich, Germany
Tel.: (++49)2461 61 8701 Fax: (++49)2461 61 3990
email: h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
ggp-key available via http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de