[vtkusers] vtk requirements in linux

Markus R mackansivle at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 17:13:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

What are the actual requirements for using vtk in linux? I have a laptop with an ati mobility M6 8 mb graphics card, and unless I use 16 bit color in X.org I cannot use dri for my standard resolution 1024x768. I have to use the open source radeon driver that comes with X.org.

Is it possible to use vtk on my laptop, and what essential libraries do I need to install to make everything work? In Windows XP I can compile and use ParaView with no problems, I was thinking of doing the same in linux.

Thanks,

Markus