[vtkusers] Re: What's Wrong With This?!?

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Thu Mar 23 12:19:16 EST 2006

On 3/23/06, Andrea Gavana <andrea.gavana at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you anyway Goodwin to have looked at the scripts. It seems strange to
> me that no one else has had the same problems with VTK + Python. I have
> somewhat to assume that either there are no Windows+VTK+Python users, or
> none of them is using VTK to build structured grids.

You are using numarray/numpy for generating the data for the VTK
pipeline.  This doesn't happen all that often.  Try to reproduce the
error WITHOUT numarray/numpy but with some standard VTK datafile.

> I haven't ever tried to compile a debug version of Python, and I suppose it
> would be quite a nightmare on Windows. And, even if a miracle happens and I
> am able to find the bug, I don't think it would make any difference: the bug
> will stay there until VTK/Python developers find a way to correct it, which
> may take weeks or months (years?).

Building RelWithDebInfo is easy, you don't need a debug Python.  It's
a question of changing the Build target in your IDE and rebuilding.

I'm swamped with work at the moment, else I would spend more time on this...

See you,
Charl