Subject: Re: [vtkusers] memory leaks in a c++ programm with vtk

Justus Kreuels Justus.Kreuels at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jun 30 02:46:01 EDT 2006

Hi Peter.

I get a popup with the following Text in it, if i delete one of the vtk-
member-pointers
in a subclass of my programm with for exampel m_vtkSrc->Delete(); :

"Windows has triggered a breakpoint in Osteomorph.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, and indicates a bug in
Osteomorph.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

The output window may have more diagnostic information"

Perhaps you have an idea?

Best regards
Justus

>Message: 12
>Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:29:07 +0800 (WST)
>From: Peter F Bradshaw <pfb at exadios.com>
>Subject: Re: [vtkusers] memory leaks in a c++ programm with vtk
>To: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
>Hi Justus;
>
>On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Justus Kreuels wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> When I Create vtk-Objects as Membervariables of a c++ class, i get an
>> error when i delete these objects in the destructur of the class.
>
>What is the error you get?
>
>Does this happen with all your vtk member variables or just one or two?
>

>> When I don't delete the objects my programm has memory leaks.
>>
>> When I greate a vtk-Object only local in a function, it's no problem
>> use the delete-Method of the Object.
>>
>> What could be the reason for this behaviour. I use VS 2005 and
Windows