[vtkusers] Newbie doesn't know C++

david west west at pxlgraf.com
Sat Jun 24 16:28:41 EDT 2006

I am a Maya instructor who is interested in learning VTK, primarily as a way of getting medical data converted into a model that you can use in Maya. My problem in getting started is C++. What program, or type of program to I need to have running in order to use CMake to build VTK.? I've seen Visual Studio mentioned, but there seem to be many versions. It also seems that some of these programs are expensive, so I'm also hoping to avoid that as much as I can.

                                                                                                thanks

                                                                                                        pxlgraf