[vtkusers] hi, anyone could give me any suggestions towards the surface reconstruction? thanks

Ye Jun yejun078 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 22:55:45 EDT 2006

hi, i am now using vtk to do the surface reconstructionw work with the dicom
data. i found that there is a filter called vtkContourFilter which seems
helpful.  But when i start to do some practice, i found that the speed and
memory-consuming  is unacceptable. And i also found that will not work if i
did not apply a vtkImageGaussianSmooth filter first. Who could tell me how
can that happen? and i think the vtkMarchingCubes filter also helpful, but
it is patent protected.
So after all, is there anyone could give me any suggestions? thanks

alexsando