[vtkusers] compiling vtk 4.2 on os x 10.4.3

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jan 5 14:37:43 EST 2006

On 2006-01-05 13:47, Ryan Glover said:

>I have been attempting to compile vtk (4.2) on the apple (10.4.3) for
>a number of days and I think I am almost there but I have run into
>another problem.

All these bugs have been fixed by kitware and/or the vtk community.  Is
there a reason you can't use the newest vtk?

>During the compilation of the Rendering library the code raises the
>following error.
>
>Building CXX object
>Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor.o
>/Users/ryanglover/Develop/VTK/Rendering/vtkCocoaGLView.h:11: error:
>using typedef-name 'NSOpenGLPixelFormatAttribute' after 'enum'
>/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSOpenGL.h:85:
>error: 'NSOpenGLPixelFormatAttribute' has a previous declaration here
>make[2]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/
>vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor.o]
>Error 1
>make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2
>make: *** [all] Error 2

I vaguely remember this one... can you show the code where that error
is?  It's a simple fix.  IIRC, you just need to remove the 'enum', check
the declaration of NSOpenGLPixelFormatAttribute in Apple's headers.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com