[vtkusers] compiling vtk 4.2 on os x 10.4.3

Ryan Glover prionscientific at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:47:02 EST 2006

Hello,

I have been attempting to compile vtk (4.2) on the apple (10.4.3) for
a number of days and I think I am almost there but I have run into
another problem.

During the compilation of the Rendering library the code raises the
following error.

Building CXX object
Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor.o
/Users/ryanglover/Develop/VTK/Rendering/vtkCocoaGLView.h:11: error:
using typedef-name 'NSOpenGLPixelFormatAttribute' after 'enum'
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSOpenGL.h:85:
error: 'NSOpenGLPixelFormatAttribute' has a previous declaration here
make[2]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is this some sort of collision between the vtk code and the apple
opengl framework?  Is there a way to rectify this issue?  I have
become obsessed with getting this program installed properly, so
thanks for any help you can give to feed my obsession.

Best regards,
Ryan Glover