[vtkusers] vtkLocal python wrapping

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Thu Jan 5 06:06:34 EST 2006

Dear all,

I am trying to create my own vtk extensions classes using the vtkLocal
directory.
The problem is that I only get the python wrapping of the first class
declared in the CMakeLists.txt.

Here is the smallest example to show this behaviour :
copy vtkLocal to the working directory
Duplicate vtkLocalExample.cxx and vtkLocalExample.h into
vtkLocalExample1.cxx and vtkLocalExample1.h and change vtkLocalExample
into vtkLocalExample1 in those new files.
Add vtkLocalExample1.cxx to the vtkLocal_SRCS variable in CMakeLists.txt

run cmake and make

-> no file vtkLocalExample1Python .cxx is created, and when I import
libvtkLocalPython in my python script, I don't see the vtkLocalExample1
class (but I see the vtkLocalExample class).
-> Using the vtkLocalExample1 instead of vtkLocalExample in the test works
well -> there is no problem in c++.

Did I do anything wrong, or is there a bug in the wrapping process?
Thanks
SP