[vtkusers] vtkPLOT3dreader version discrepencies

Ian Nowland ian.nowland at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jan 4 17:00:24 EST 2006

Hello,

As you're no doubt aware by now from my previous messages, I am working
with plot3d data. Much thanks to all who have helped me out so far.  As
I've gotten to loading up the data and manipulating it, I've noticed a
large discrepancy between the vtkPLOT3DReader class in my current
version (4.4.2) and that described in the specs here (which is
admittedly for a slightly different version):

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.0/html/classvtkPLOT3DReader.html

The discrepancy I've noticed, however, is that a good number of the
functions have been removed and cut out entirely, as if someone
accidentally reverted the code to a much earlier version for this. Is
there a reason for this (i.e. some new code taking the place of this
older code, or incompatibilities with new code of a different sort) or
was it indeed an accident of some sort?

I'm mostly just wondering out of curiosity. My workaround is simply to
use an earlier version of the source code, of course.