[vtkusers] volume rendering performance

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:53:09 EST 2006

Hi Randall, Faith,

I gave vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper a try for the first time today but I
experienced the longest render times with it out of any of the other
mappers. I'm wondering what your input data being rendered is? Mine is a
vtkImageData volume with dimensions of 256x256x56. The fixed point mapper or
3d texture mapper give me the fastest results.

Mark