[vtkusers] AutoCad dxf reader?

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Aug 30 09:01:31 EDT 2006

I didn't read all of this...
> found JB's old (and extensive) delphi code at
>
> http://delphi.icm.edu.pl/authors/a0000970.htm
>
> unfortunately it does not appear to work with
> "modern" dxf format files.  Thanks for the
> hints.

If the DXF is ASCII, then it should read even newer files because the
format is pretty simple. Binary. no chance. The DXFreader is C++ whereas
the delphi stuff was pascal (delphi), there are considerable differences
in the versions - though if the delphi code won't read it, then we may
have trouble.

Please send test DXF (if you can) off list and I'll include it in my
experimenting at home.

JB