[vtkusers] render window refresh, loss of display

Nigel Mcfarlane Nigel.Mcfarlane at luton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 05:50:26 EDT 2006

I am a newcomer to VTK, running version 5.0.0 under Visual C++ 2005, on
WinXP.

If I use std::cin to pause or obtain input from the console window, the
render window display loses the ability to update.  It goes white if I
move the console window, and I can't get the image back.  This happens
even if the std::cin is the first line of the program, before the render
window is even created.  I see that a few people in the distant past
have mentioned this problem, but what's the answer ?

I also can't get a simple observer (as in the distribution example "step
2") to acknowledge anything except "StartEvent" (Although the trackball
interactor example works perfectly).  Could this be related to the first
problem ?

Thank you

Nigel McFarlane
University of Luton